Another day in the garage saw a bit more progress, after waiting for the fibreglass to dry and harden I got out the underseal and painted over all the fibreglass in the cockpit area, in the boot and under the rear wheel arches. Once that was done, I had to leave the car alone for a while to let that dry! all this waiting around is getting to me!
Once done, I fitted the door sill and went around the rest of the cockpit area sealing all the holes, making it watertight (hopefully)
Doesn’t seem like much and there was a lot of waiting and popping out down the shops for dog food! Feeding 4 huskies takes a lot of food!
Ok so the other bit I got stuck into today was the dashboard, which there is actually a fair bit to do, more cutting holes for all the dials, switches and lights. Annoyingly the hole cutter I had was either to big or to small, so I went for the small one and then used a rounded file to enlarge all the holes big enough to fit the dials … I also managed to rope Kat into helping as she’s going to finish the dash off for me and cover it 🙂 leaves me free to get the seats, belts and hopefully carpet fitted, plus a little tiding up to do on the electrics I’ve already done.
Again thats it for today, rough day today hopefully on to better things tomorrow